Showcased and teased at last years Interzoo the Tunze submersible LED unit is sure to hit US markets soon. True to the Tunze name their new LED unit combines technology and versatility. Utilizing the magnet technology that most pump manufacturers are using and a waterproof application that allows users to place the strip light into the water column this unit will surely spark new innovations in the LED industry. The mounting hardware allows users to position the strip horizontally, vertically, and just about any other angle you can think of. Utilizing 62 Elite LED diodes the unit is sure to have a low operating cost. Read more here! From Tunze: The new Tunze® LED is the engineered combination of impressive luminance and a compact design, which has been innovatively teamed up with a flexible attachment option in the form of a magnet holder. It performs its duties with a safety extra-low voltage of only 11V and it is completely waterproof. The utilized Elite-LEDs guarantee very low luminance losses and a long service life. The well-thought-out attachments can be adjusted to your individual lighting desires for every aquarium and therefore open up completely new and highly aesthetic installation options. In combination with the new TUNZE Multicontroller 7097, up to four separate TUNZE® LED can be controlled in terms of color and luminescence in order to simulate very natural daylight cycles. The advantages of the Tunze® LED:
- Fully corrosion-resistant plastic construction, completely passively cooled without noisy or failure-prone fans.
- Fully waterproof (IP 68) sealed with resin, and mountable close to the water surface in order to reduce the luminance loss.
- Compact design which can be positioned at any point. Highly flexible mounting with a magnet holder. High degree of safety through 11V DC operation, cable length: 2.5 m (98.42 in.).
- Low operating costs and a high efficiency through 62 energy-efficient Elite-LEDs, white LEDs with up to 130 lm/W.
- Long service life due to a low operating temperature and perfect heat distribution. Optimal light distribution, ideally suited as the main lighting source for a nano-aquarium or supplement lighting for larger aquariums.
- Light color and intensity are controllable time-dependent with the new Tunze® Multicontroller 7097 (not included).
- No problems in case of power failure: The optional safety connector permits a normal operation with the TUNZE® power supply unit, but in case of a power failure it will automatically switch over to a battery or a DC source.
- Thanks to its small housing dimensions, combinations of multiple lamps are easily possible. The light output is multiplied, if the lights are mounted in close proximity. Lamp without bracket: L 305mm x B 25mm x H 17mm (L 12.00 in. x W 0.98 in. x H 0.66 in.), vertical mounting with holder L 320mm x B 50mm x H 50mm (L 12.59 in. x W 1.96 in. x H 1.96 in.), parallel mounting with holder L 46mm x B 305mm x H 50mm (L 1.81 in. x W 12.00 in. x H 1.96 in.).