Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Last edited:

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Tony I am using brs calcium mix.. Just add ro water.. Pretty inexpensive.. I use a large bag of baking soda for the alk (after I bake it) lasts a good several months.. I think I buy two large bags a year.. The hardest part was figuring out the math going from esv to this new method. Lol I have been doing this for a while and I am no chemist.. Very easy to do guys..

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I still use ice melter. It cost me about $5.00 a year and another two bucks for baking soda for alk. That is all I dose so I have to save my money for all that. I know you guys like to spend a lot of money on this stuff but that is what keeps the economy going. My corals don't seem to care how little I spend.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
You are using dowflake? They said it wasn't good for aquarium use anymore.

Where are you getting your stuff from and what stuff are you getting.

Supposely they've been adding something to Dowflakes, so it's somewhat risky to use. You basically need calcium chloride. Try Prestone Driveway Heat, a lot of people use it but you need to use a little less when you're using Randy's formula, as it's more dense.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I use b 4 doser (list 8 years) I use ice melter (calcium chloride) plus Baking Soda, also Epson salt ( Magnesium) is some kind work for a big system like yours, the main point, if u dose , u need GOOD ,doser, I almost kill everything one time, I dose all bottle of Baking Soda, thanks I don't use big container, now I run the big reactor from MTC (great reactor) + Kalkaw. I go this way ,because give me some help on my PH, PO4, also I use less CO2. For your system I will go w/MTC Calcium Reactor.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: