sgdcover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to improve the ventilation on my LED nano 28g. The tank is about 3.5 years old and I think the fans are starting to lose their efficiency. They probably aren't that great to begin with, so at this point they aren't doing much. I need to do a deep clean on the hood and while it's apart I want to replace the fans with a higher quality model, meaning I don't want to the JBJ stock replacement fans.

What I'd like to do is replace them with better fans that will fit with no or minimal modifications to the existing system. I live in Manhattan and don't have a work area or the right tools. Plus, although i'm somewhat handy, I don't have much experience with electronics. I've read that they are basically computer fans, my problem is that I can't get better specs than this:

From JBJ manual:
Cooling Fans: (2) 3000 rpm/ Ball Bearing Type

Image from front of fan (Marine depot image):
Ruilian Science
RDL5015B
DC 12v
0.12A
ID: H.Y.
Made by HengYang China

From what I have read, I need to know the connection type and the diameter/size. I think I would also need to know the size of the housing, particularly the screw locations to make sure the replacements fit.

Anyone have any experience with this? I know there are some hood mods out there, but they all are overkill with upgraded lights, etc.

Thanks

sgdcover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for the info. It looks like the only one that provides a real improvement over the stock fans is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426032.

It has two air flow ratings, 12.9 / 21.94 CFM. Does this mean it has two settings? I couldn't understand from the info on the website.

Also, are the housing dimensions standards? in particular, the screw locations, will they match the stock?

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: