Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
is this an in-sump skimmer or external one? You can have it sit outside on a pedestal on the side or back of the tank.

Last edited:

rr318284

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
k i think that will work out fine i am thinking to put a sheet of plywood under the tank to raise the tank up a little more so i can have around 2 inches clearance when i cut the top of stand to make a hole for skimmer cup

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
k i think that will work out fine i am thinking to put a sheet of plywood under the tank to raise the tank up a little more so i can have around 2 inches clearance when i cut the top of stand to make a hole for skimmer cup

This should work perfect. I would seal up the wood completely, to be waterproof in case your skimmer goes nuts.

I would also cover the hole from the top of the stand with a piece of plexiglass. you don't want skimmate getting under your tank where you cant clean it. I put in the plexi and don't regret it at all. Just use a lot of silicone and put something on it til it dries.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: