Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Just got my Smart ATO unit, which I'm using on my display tank (my system is sumpless). I had to trim some of the tank's rim so that the sensor could see through up at the top, where the water level is. Anyhow, got it installed and I'm not sure it's working properly. I notice that water level tends to drop pretty far and the sensor doesn't activate the pump to send water into the tank. To test it, I scooped some water out of the tank to significantly lower the water level. Then the pump slowly pumped some water in and stopped. It then proceeded to flash the red LED slowly and make a beeping alert. I reset it by unplugging it and plugging it back in, and the green light came back on. Also a couple of times I've walked into the room to hear that same beeping and saw that the red light was flashing. So this is happening repeatedly. There is plenty of water in the reservoir, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Does anyone have a tip for me?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: