jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I have to start running GFO again. Looking for a quality piece of equipment. Since I only run a small amount of GFO I don't need a huge reactor. I used phosban reactors in the past, but the build quality is horrible. Looking for something better. Any input is welcome.

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I have innovative marine reactors. And they are perfect for smaller tanks..its so easy to remove the inside tube to clean and replace media. The pump is at the bottom of the reactor which makes life alot easier.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I was told by a buddy that the shorty's are no good if running small amounts of GFO. I am told that it will not tumble the media properly unless a good amount of GFO is used to cover the entire footprint of the fat cylinder. This could be a problem because at times I'm only using 6 tbsp's of GFO. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Mike, that BRS one is starting to look better to me. I had a dual BRS in the past but I didn't like the way it tumbled the media. I'm thinking the single's are better.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
It's a good well made product but a poor choice if you are only running a little gfo. It needs a large amount to keep it tumbling properly. I was suggested it over the tlf for quality reasons but ended up with the CPR tumbler. Also the shorty is a pain if you are going to actively service it.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I ended up getting a CPR nano reactor. It holds more than enough ROWA for my needs, and the footprint is tiny. I can't comment on longevity, but I like it so far.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: