dirtrider29

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hey guys i recently bought a used brs 150 gpd 6 stage rodi unit. I hooked everything up made sure there was no leaks and the gauge was only reeding 20 psi at most with no water flowing into the di cartridges. I was surprise at such a low pressure reading since i tapped off the water supply right as it comes into the house. I went out and bought a PJ-V 6010 booster pump that i hooked up but it will only run for about 4 seconds and then shut off. Or if i leave the booster pump on and shut the water off about 15 seconds later the pump will kick back on until i turn the water back on. Can someone please explain what they think is going on and how i can make this unit start to work.
Thanks in advance

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Sounds like something is hooked up backwards. The pump might be shutting off due to pressure pushing back to pump instead of going through the rodi unit. I would check and make sure the flow is going the right way.

dirtrider29

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Alright so i took everything apart and nothing was clogged. On the elbow coming out of the ro membrane there is a little spring with a clip on top thats not in the bad water elbow. Is this suppose to be there i tried switching the two and all of the water still came out of the bad water side. Do you think i need to replace the membrane?

jvu61

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same rodi unit I would start by replacing the membrane as in MHO I would not want someone's old one running in my tanks. I would then after replacing the membrane run it without any media in the unit to see if water is flowing through. that unit should run at about 80 psi one again IMHO. if all seems to be working add new media into each section of the unit from the last working back making sure it still works. in that way you may be able to isolate any problem. if all that fails I would just buy a brand new one. good luck with it

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I've said it before and I'll say it again, most times buying a used RODI, thinking you're getting a good deal is jumping over dollars to save pennies. Most times the filters and membrane need replacing and wind up eating up whatever savings you thought you might have realized.

Now with that out of the way, does your RODI have a flush valve? If it does it sounds like it could be in the flush position. This would direct the flow to the waste line.

As for the booster pump, they also fail over time. Make sure your supply line is connected to the inlet arrow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: