sgdcover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi,

I got a black yellowtail pygmy 2.5 weeks ago. He's very active and not shy at all. When I feed he comes running to the front and often picks right at tip of the syringe I use to control food quantities.

Word thing is he'll eat one pellet sometimes, but won't take more than one. The only thing he eats a lot of is so ruling flake. I've tried making some gel with a mix of food but it didn't help.

Also, he seems to swim funny. It's almost like he has too use a lot of fin and tail movement to get around. And floats almost 60deg vertical. I was worried it was an illness, but after 2 weeks of eating and swimming around I'm starting to think he's just a funny swimmer.

Tried to take a pic, but I don't know how helpful it will be.

Water parameters are good and no other livestock is showing any problems.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2014-08-20 16:39:18 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-08-20 16:39:18 EDT.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 228

sgdcover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Weird. I uploaded it as "unlisted". Try this link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlcDUrR8OA&list=UUvYJcRaWnY03KDYZ98uen4g

Also, he's very reactive to anything outside, so he's not acting normal. But, if you see the times where he faces up and seems to be swimming against a strong current, moving fins and tail very fast, that's what he does most of the time. The times he's in front of the Xenias is best to see his normal behavior.

sgdcover

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for the feedback!

He eats like a pig. I feed with a small syringe and he tries to pull it away from my hand. He seems very healthy. I'm just worried that he might have something that will affect him later.

I'll try again with a better video. He was doing it a lot today but as soon as I got close to the phone he ran away.

Thanks for the compliment. The tank is doing great. Not bad for a 28 nano right? :)

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Not bad at all man. I have a 28g nano as well but it's a clown and anenome tank. Your tank looks good man. Keep it up. I don't really know what's wrong with the fish he may just be a Wierd one out of the bunch lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: