Rating - 100%
34   0   0
please forgive spelling but i have this Banner fish ( henniochus) its been in my tank for about a month doing fine eating and seems very healthy he has a white like fungus on his tail and only his tail that wont go away i have him QT for a week and the fungus hasn't gotten any smaller does anyone have any suggestions

i have put two pics sorry about image lol

Attachments

• IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 176

mcnuggget

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no worries, it will fall off eventually as long as the water is in good condition and its eating good. add garlic and selcon to its food for added nutrition.

Jhoehlein

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looks like it might be Lymphocystis, a viral skin infection (like a wart) that is rarely a problem. They're little white nodules that can grow anywhere on a fish's body but are usually on the tips of fin rays. Outbreaks are usually due to stress and most commonly found on newly imported fish. Just give him a little TLC and he'll be fine, there's no medicine or treatment for it but it clears up on its own when the fish gets healthier.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: