Rating - 100%
227   0   0
@#$$%^&*( painful for 45 mins! it felt like holding my hand on a hot stovetop. thanks MIKENY for talking me thru it. :hug: feeling much better the next morning. i'm glad my thumb didn't need amputation. :rolleyes:

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
lol happened to me 2 times

you're lucky it was just 45 minutes , last time I was in paint for about 5 hours then started having convulsions for a few hours

E7998589-B269-42D1-AE8F-789C2F9A7A8B_zpsoalpymct.jpg

my hand was swollen for about 4 days

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
My arm was also swollen for hours ... but the 4 'puncture wounds' did not 'heal up' for months.

the puncture area is still black, but the swelling has gone. i quickly squeezed as much blood out as possible. some blood got onto my pointer and middle fingers and they also went numb for about 30 mins. it was a weird feeling - not true "pain", but very very uncomfortable. the hot water soaking eased the pain...i had the sweats and nausea around the 20 min mark. i thought of going to the ER, but the pain stopped at my wrist. just have to be more wary when i put my hand in the tank. :banghead: wonder if the govt ever used this method of torture??? :scratch: stay safe my fellow reefers...

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Sorry you got stung Doug! Glad you got over it..;)

Yup, been there twice in the past! The painful one came from my 10" baby that I lost when the damn Titanium Heater stuck on "on" while I was at work.:(
The smaller one barely hurt he was around 6".;)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
will they charge at your hand or you have to bump into them. i have dwarf but i never gave it much thought when my hand is in the tank.

They don't charge. They simply wait until you put your hand where it should not be.;) Keep your hands away from your lion fish, and you'll be fine.lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: