8pixel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
Noticed a couple of strange growths in my tank recently. One is a strange kind of foam looking growth that is growing around my frogspawn where it is attached to the rock. It definitely has the consistency of a foam and looks like it is full of little bubbles. Doubt they are any kind of eggs as this has been here for a while and is spreading.

The second are these little things that I can't really explain. They look soft and they can move. At first I thought they were sprouts from my xenia but now I highly doubt it. Also thought they might be a kind of shell-less snail-like creature but unsure of that too. Should I be worried about any of these?

Attachments

• foam.jpg
    foam.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 143
  • dots.jpg
    dots.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 148

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
the 1st pic is pineapple i think the second pic is snail eggs i had those and now i have 100 of small snails and i dont have flatworms period ..do u have big snails in ur tank ??

8pixel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
the 1st pic is pineapple i think the second pic is snail eggs i had those and now i have 100 of small snails and i dont have flatworms period ..do u have big snails in ur tank ??

Should I be concerned about pineapple?

I don't have really big snails but I do have quite a few snails I bought a few months back....3 Medium Nerite, 4 Medium Ceriths, some nassarius (1 Md and a couple very small) and a ton of dwarf Ceriths. Was looking up flatworms and couldn't find any that look like this and I had a strange feeling they may be eggs but wasn't sure. Think I can smash these or vacuum them off?

Thanks to everyone for the quick feedback!

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
The first pic is definitely a sponge not pineapple sponge but definitely a sponge. Pineapple sponges look like well.. pineapples. They are small and squishy they don't spread or encryst they multiply. This sponge is "harmless" when it's by itself but as it spreads it can easily cover corals like zoos etc. and by covering them it WILL kill them. Just keep an eye on it and trim it or move it if need be but it is a "good" creature.

The second picture is hard to tell if it moves I'd look more into flatworms than snail eggs as snail eggs would not be moving. Although since I can't see the other side I can't be more helpful. If it has a shell it's a snail. It kind of looks like keyhole limpets. Look at google images and see if that looks familiar.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: