gtloverboy21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I first thought it was just something that fell into my tank but closer examination proved it to be an egg.

I have the following fish in my tank:
Thompson tang
Hippo tang
Yellowfin tang
Vlamingii tang
Blonde naso tang
White cheek tang
Sailfin tang
Clown pair
Tomato clown pair
Blue yellow tail damsel
Scooter Benny
Yellow anthia
Dwarf lionfish

I know that the common response might be snail eggs but I know that the snails lay these gew sack things on the glass. Plus this thing is about the size of a peanut. I only found one. My assumption is that the others were eaten.

I only took it out the tank to take the picture. It's now safe inside a breeding net.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2014-09-29 20:58:26 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-09-29 20:58:26 EDT.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

gtloverboy21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
No clams or oysters. Has anyone seen tang or surgeon fish eggs before? They are the larger fish in my tank. My tank is close to 4 feet deep so they might have spawned. Once again not a joke. I don't have time to do all this just for amusement.

gtloverboy21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well. That's what I thought but it's highly unlikely that it's something that fell in. It floats and looks like an egg. Plus it's in my house and there are no loose finches in my home. In order to feed my fish you need to stand on a chair. The tank alone is 42 inches tall and the stand is another 30 inches. There is also a canopy over the top and my tank is acrylic with a few cut outs on the top. There are only a few small openings and the only thing I have on the top of my tank is fish food. I've been in the hobby for close to 2 decades so I'm not a rookie. I will wait a few days and monitor it. If it looks like it's not developing I will take more pics and crack it open just for sharing purposes. I have tried looking it up and stuff no luck. Just like most of you I find it hard to believe but I'm asking if you have ever seen it or know what it is. I'm not asking if you think it can from my tank or not because I ruled it out that it was something that fell into it. I don't keep small egg like items above my aquarium.

C

Cu455

Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
If it looks like it's not developing I will take more pics and crack it open just for sharing purposes.

I am defiantly interested how it turns out.

I don't think it's an egg. If it is an egg you might not want to take it out of the water. Is the object translucent at all?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: