BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
what do you mean 24 hour like you need it in 24 hours or your gonna run it for 24 hours? Your also gonna get alot of controversy about led/t5 but I think the best all around is a combo of them both t5 for growth and color in sps but led just looks awesome and everyone loves to look at a little actinic blue. P.s. Don't run it for 24 hours

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Lot of factors here: starting with budget
Consider what you would like to keep in tank , buy once and save yourself some money in long run. I have been running LEDs since I got back in hobby , but I am more of a fish guy with some easier to keep corals.

What size tank are you lighting, will you be upgrading in Year or so, then maybe the light ideally would be able to handle the future tank or supplement lighting for that one

All things considered this is a personal preference question and one that you will get different opinion on depending who speak with

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
well corals need to be in the dark as well. most people do 8-12 hours of lighting. No the t5 should be a couple different colors whites blues purples everyone uses different bulbs but I like the blue leds the shimmer effect and the pop of the corals. its mostly preference the most important aspect is having enough lighting for your tank a rule of thumb is 3 watts per gallon

Last edited:
C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Acan lighting changed their full spectruim light design. About a month ago they had the old design on sale. I think they were 25% off. They are great lights and Acan customer service is great. I got my lights wet and they fixed it for me at no charge. They were also out of the warranty period. I am also pretty sure they will give you loaner lights while they fix yours. They are located on Long Island.

The lights have a controller on it that you can program your lighting schedule and they are also apex compatible.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: