Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hey everyone,

So having a 180g in wall w/ 75g sump & 40 breeder fuge wasn't enough I decided to buy a nano for my bedroom :).

I used rock from my fuge to scape the nano and added some instant ocean bio spira to add some bacteria as well. So far the only 2 fish are Sea & Reef Snow Onyx Clownfish.

The plan is to either to do zoas/lps or just a rbta. I have always wanted a rbta, but they seem like they're super difficult to keep. If anyone has had success keeping them in the JBJ please let me know! or any tips are appreciated.

Equipment:
1. 28g JBJ Nano Cube Led Pro Version
2. 2 x Maxijet 1200 return pumps
3. Intank media basket (only filter floss at this time)
4. Apex Lite w/ EB8 & Temp Probe
5. Cobalt Neo-Therm 100 watt heater

I am going to try to keep coral/the anemone and depending on the color may look to supplement the blues with a 9 led kit from rapidled.

Anyway enough talk here are some pictures

Tank & Stand
gsp1d5R.jpg

Scape
pZfpVRB.jpg

Scape 2
0ohL4l5.jpg

Blue Led Only
kJ1qWNm.jpg

Any tips on keeping a successful nano are appreciated!

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks pookie, the only thing left to do tomorrow is program the apex and get that all setup.

I'm going to need to buy an ATO before I leave for my New Orleans trip too.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I had a 28 jbj as well and had all clowns and 3 anenomes it's not hard to keep them at all. But my jbj decided to crack and spill water all over my room I'll never buy another jbj. Gl.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hopefully mine doesn't crack :x.

I'm picking up some corraline scrapings from njcoralsdirect tomorrow and might pick up a frag or two to see how it looks.

The tank should be able to handle it since I pulled rock from my display that was like 5/6 months old.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I stopped by NJ Corals Direct on Saturday to pickup some corraline scrapings, they went above and beyond and ended up giving me 2 pieces of rock covered in corraline!

While there I also picked up some corals, I wasn't planning on getting some so soon, but with the prices and how nice they were I couldn't say no.

Here are some pictures, sorry for the quality my phone camera sucks.

mP86Em1.jpg

kfKl6qb.jpg

8Bg4keT.jpg

lV1zwDP.jpg

tol5NUw.jpg

VPVmcvu.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
New stand and tank transferred over. Also replaced the maxijets with the hydro pumps like Jr recommended. SO MUCH QUIETER!!!!

I need a CUC, something for the aptasia, and then maybe add some more fish / coral.

Mng7nVvl.jpg

Last edited:

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So far the 28g jbj led pro is doing well, Im having some hair algae/aptasia outbreak, but hoping to get it under control and hit up Ultimate Corals for some more acans/zoas. Eventually I want to find a rbta since my clowns took to hosting my torch.

New stand for my tank courtesy of Pet Smart

After moving the tank over, I realized the old stand was unstable due to how I tried to level it :x.

btFapucl.jpg

Picture of my acans, hard to take pictures with my phone (note 4)

kVLtrtXl.jpg

Zoas

ODDXux9l.jpg

qVb2WMWl.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: