jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
:) Show me your colors/growth and some info please. I know its possible to be successful but not many guys are. Kres you are not allow to post in here :0
I'm just trying to gain some knowledge through your experiences. Thanks guys!

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS THE SPS FORUM. DONT SHOW ME COLORFUL LPS AND ZOA

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Okay just one , here's one of the frags I got from you few weeks ago
apytyhy9.jpg

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Jackson whether you believe it or not LEDs work. You can't ask people to post pics unless they have a filter because the colors don't come out on a camera unless you touch it up with some white balance but then the led haters say you photo shop. If you want proof you need to visit people's houses. Even though I have mostly frags now my colors are very good and my growth I am very happy with. I have been for 3 years very happy I switched. My rainbow acro is coloring up everyday. My brown Rommels I got from a member here with halides is coloring up everyday my aqua delight is gorgeous and 80 percent of my wild corals are coloring up wonderfully. I have some brown acros but I got them that way and just waiting for them to do there thing which they will eventually

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Jackson whether you believe it or not LEDs work. You can't ask people to post pics unless they have a filter because the colors don't come out on a camera unless you touch it up with some white balance but then the led haters say you photo shop. If you want proof you need to visit people's houses. Even though I have mostly frags now my colors are very good and my growth I am very happy with. I have been for 3 years very happy I switched. My rainbow acro is coloring up everyday. My brown Rommels I got from a member here with halides is coloring up everyday my aqua delight is gorgeous and 80 percent of my wild corals are coloring up wonderfully. I have some brown acros but I got them that way and just waiting for them to do there thing which they will eventually

Duke I've seen 30+ LED SPS systems and ran them over a frag tank for 5 months. I know what they're capable of. LED's have major flaws that are downplayed but nevertheless, guys get great results adjusting their spectrums and nutrient levels. These exceptions is what I want to lean more about
Please don't take it personal, I just have very high expectations. Your pics are absolutely horrible and you are a poor candidate to post photo proof, but I know you have success :) Did you change anything to have success or is it something that happened as your system aged?

PS that blue/red unnamed thing will make its way around :)

Last edited:

redseamax130d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
24   3   0
Here is my tank always under LEDs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2014-07-15 23:48:15 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-07-15 23:48:15 EDT.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,264
  • ImageUploadedByReefs2014-07-15 23:48:33 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-07-15 23:48:33 EDT.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,326
  • ImageUploadedByReefs2014-07-15 23:48:46 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-07-15 23:48:46 EDT.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,329

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Yes my pictures are miserable lol I use my iPhone because it's the fastest way to post pics lol. My corals look just as good as people with halides and I think look better then people who use t5s. I think it's because I keep everything as stable as possible. Checking the alk everyday is a real key I think also. Having a nice bio load and good skimmer is also important I think in keeping good color. I changed a lot of people's minds when they saw my old setup about LEDs. Ask MikeNY he was impressed by my colors and growth when he came one day

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Kenny your system is one of the "exceptions" in my mind. I don't know what to attribute it to. You were high in nutrients, and you had and aged system, but you also had 5 kessils over a 75g. No question your results are awesome.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
jackson have you seen Ledreef tank?

I've seen his thread but haven't seen is tank in person. Hard to tell actual SPS results because I don't see colonies grown and now many SPS close ups.

By the wY I have seen quite a few t5 and halide tanks that were lacking color. Its not all about lights.

Absolutely No question duke. Nutrient balance is just as important, but I've seen LED tanks from experienced SPS users with damaged results. I don't see this with ANY other lighting. The messed up part is that the manufactures always blame the user. I'm not the one who should be doing all the research when I spent 2K to light my reef with damaging lights.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
When a bad driver crashes a Ferrari as (s)he pulls it out of the dealership, do you blame the Ferrari for being to powerful?!??

This analogy doesn't really fit the situation. LED is hardly the ferrari, more like a tesla. If you crash the tesla, the giant lithium battery catches on fire and kills you and your corals :biglaugh:

I would love to know the experienced reefers who your talking about? Most I've seen had nice tanks. Sure I saw 1 or 2 but 1 of the tanks I saw he barely fed his tank and since fixed that

Duke they will chime in if they want. People are afraid of LED discussion :) LED users get violent:irked:

Rating - 100%
180   0   0
lol rich they do get aggressive. I guess they're just jealous of your colorful rank. haha fink great photos same to you kres. clearly not Photoshopped and excellent color on them! (not sarcasm)

but I think what Richie wanted to know was more about the other stuff in the tank. obviously we know its more than just lighting because if there was some magical light that worked perfectly we'd all use it. we are interested in photo periods, nutrient levels, fish stocking, husbandry, additives. all the other things that factor to a healthy reef.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: