• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

D

DJSQETCH

I got a bunch of these guys to solve my bubble algae problem which they significantly reduced and finally have in control. I have 4 in my tank so Im going to get rid of 2 of them...let me know if you are interested... one male and one female...looking for ricordias mushrooms etc.

A

amatuereefer

i might be interested in taking a couple off you're hands depending on how much they are. i could definitely use the help battling my bubble algea. let me know.
dan

D

DJSQETCH

how bout 2 for 12? obo i would prefer to trade them tho for a polyp or two of mushrooms or ricordia

A

amatuereefer

well, i'll definitely do the 2 for 12 if u want. unfortunately, i dont think i have anything i can trade, since my tank is rather bare and i dont really know how to frag mushrooms or polyps (if thats even possible) and most of the ones i have are on very few rocks. well, let me know what u think.

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

I hate to go on a tangent, but WTF is so bad about bubble algae? I kinda like it. I wish I had more success growing it. having my display with little thufts of multiple typles of macro and othewr vegitation makes it look more natral and spontanious. bubble algae doesn't smother coral in sheets, it's SO easy to remove if it get's out of hand.

S

Satchmo

Apparently you haven't had it get out of hand yet. Plus, as you're ripping it out, you're helping it spread. The stuff is a curse.

D

DJSQETCH

yeah obviously you never had an outbreak where they just take over everything!!! they cover so much lr that its difficult for other corals to spread

S

Satchmo

Where are you located, and do you have one left? I'll give you a frag or two for one if you're not too far off my beaten path.

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Originally posted by Satchmo:
Where are you located, and do you have one left? I'll give you a frag or two for one if you're not too far off my beaten path.
LOL, I don't like it THAT much. I just like to have asmuch as I can get. i've counted 75 diffrent types of life not counting bacteria and bad algae. i have many different types of calerpa and some of them seem to be stronger than othersand eventualy out compeat the others.

kennerd

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pipe organ that sprouted valonia from the inside out: smothered it like a cancer within a month or so.

easy to remove, but does attach to SPS, and if you don't catch it immediately, causes necrosis underneath.

Emeralds are awesome in the tank regardles of valonia, and they look pretty cool, too. I have a pair in my 65 and they are out all of the time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: