menac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hello,

So I purchased a green Acropora yesterday and after using the coral dip to clean off the piece it appears I accidentally killed the small acro crab that was within the acropora piece. I assume the crab was hosting the acro. What a shame. Felt bad after finding out some of these crabs may benefit the acropora.

I was doing some reading and hear that some of these small crabs associate themselves with specific types of acro they don't all host them

Has anyone ever introduced one of these small crabs to there acroporas and had success?

I was thinking about trying it but will not take the risk until i do a bit more research.
Thought I asked if anyone has tried introducing one.

Christian

menac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I found one a few nights back cleaning off my acropora.
These guys must be good hiders because I did not see him upon inspecting the frag. I know one was lost.
He is beige Orange in color. Heres a pic you could barely make him out but you could see his claws at least.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 266

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I've had nothing good to say about them, they constant stress the colony, grab all the big food from Acro. Cyclops, Brine Shrimps etc. Never like it. :irked:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: