naw it shouldnt deplete that quickly, higher flow doesnt allow pellets to be consumed as fast but would guess the higher flow causes more friction within the pellets causing them to grind down faster also, reefers lmk if your ever gonna be up my way

Hmm ok I guess I should lower the flow then. We'll see out that works out for the next batch of biopellets. I'll be up your way probably tomorrow or Friday, well I'll be heading to Mahopac probably gonna stop by Alfie's to drop off something.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
you dont take thge old pellets out, just add more

one thing i will note that turning off the flow to the pellets even for a few minutes causes them to clump badly. also i origanally started with the vertex brand and when i went to refill i used the npx brand and havent seen any differance or ill effects

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I just setup my cpr nano reactor with bio-pellets. They are tumbling pretty good is that ok? I have the gate valve all the way open and its kind of annoying to take it back out. Also a few floated up and out into the back chamber is that going to be ok or do I need to fish them out?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: