Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I built a nano reactor for my dwarf seahorse tank (2 gallon) using cylindrical acrylic from the container store and left over pieces from other DIY projects (tubing connections, Fluval filter (plastic intake as the center piece), etc.

It was real easy and works great. I'll try and post pictures but I won't be home for a few days.

I say GO FOR IT!

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was going to DYI a phosban reactor out of PVC, but felt that I needed arylic to make the main body as you really need to see the phosban inside the reactor.

I did make a DYI "phosban reactor" to run carbon. I took a 12 inch long peice of 2inch pvc. On one end, I put a cap, and on the other a threaded cap. I drilled two holes in it, just below the threaded cap. In one hole I put a hose barb, and in the other I put 90 degree peice with a hose barb on one side and and a femal thread on the other. I threaded the 90 degree peice so that the barb stuck out of the pvc tube. I then threaded a 11 inch peice of 1/2 pvc pipe onto the other side. THis is the "in", it brings the water down to the bottom of the pvc tube, and the water then runs up and through the carbon, and out the pvc hose barb. I use a small peice of filter floss at the top and the bottom to keep the carbon from flowing out of the reactor.

The hose barbs and the threaded 1/2 pvc pipe I picked up in the sprinkler section of HD. It cost me $14 to make two of them, and about a 1/2 hour of time, most of that was trying to figure out what size to make the holes.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
isnt a phosban reactor worth about $30?
Dont get me wrong i am the first one to push the DIY angle, but in this case, unless your going for the gatorade option, the materials are going to cost as much as just buying one.
Having said that, If you have the stuff lying around then thats a different story. I recently also made one from a RO filter housing like BC, I'll post a shot when i get home if he hasnt already.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
That gatorade bottle is really simplicity at its best,and a great nano idea.Well, let me go get the gatorade bottles out of the recycle bin.my wife is going to kill me for garbage shopping again. lol

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Fritz, how about the how to of the Tap Water Filter into phos reactor pleaseeeeeeeee. I have the old Tap Water Filter, new Compact Reef Keeper RO/DI on UPS truck..

Brian65901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: