nyoneway

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey guys, I just want to share the new custom sump I received from Advanced Acrylics. I just got it tonight and my expectation was blown away. John from Advanced Acrylics took my rudimentary design and made it into a work of art.

Specs:
30"x20"x16" rimless (using 3/8" acrylic)
12 gallon Refugium on the left
8 gallon ATO
probe holders

Enjoy the pics of the un-boxing. I can't wait to hook it up this weekend.

DSC02130.JPG

DSC02134.JPG

DSC02136.JPG

DSC02137.JPG

DSC02141.JPG

DSC02142.JPG

DSC02143.JPG

DSC02144.JPG

DSC02146.JPG

DSC02148.JPG

DSC02149.JPG

DSC02151.JPG

DSC02152.JPG

DSC02153.JPG

DSC02154.JPG

nyoneway

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nice ! Looks like all the water flows in from the corner and takes a Utern to the return. Definately not going to have micro bubbles with that sump !
Keep the pix coming !

Actually that would be a great feature. But, unfortunately the chamber on the bottom is the ATO reservoir. The left most section is the refugium which flows into a small chamber with baffles. In the pics it looks like a u-turn.

nyoneway

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nice acrylic work. Couple of questions if you don't mind.

1 - how is water getting to the fuge section?
2 - are you using a filter sock in that corner hole?

Russ

hey russ,

1 - In the fuge area, there's a ~1" hole drilled to accomodate a 1/2" bulkhead which will be fed by a dedicated 160gph pump that sits in the return area. This is by design to limit the flow and also allow the fuge to enjoy a higher water level (13") vs the sump at 8.5".

2 - It should accomodate a filter sock but not sure at the moment if I will be using one.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
hey russ,

1 - In the fuge area, there's a ~1" hole drilled to accomodate a 1/2" bulkhead which will be fed by a dedicated 160gph pump that sits in the return area. This is by design to limit the flow and also allow the fuge to enjoy a higher water level (13") vs the sump at 8.5".

2 - It should accomodate a filter sock but not sure at the moment if I will be using one.

Looks good. BOL with it.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: