minawibraheem

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
did anyone use both skimmers and can let me know the difference between the ConeS and ConeS Q-series , i am leaning toward the ConeS CO-2 because it is rated for higher volume and the cone is part is bigger than the Q-series ,
also is this skimmers really silent did anyone have any noise problems ,
thanks ,

angelo14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I love my co-3. I purchased it a while ago when I had my 125g. a couple of months ago I upgraded to a 210g. I still use the same skimmer.

I never had an issue with performance. It works like a beast. The only problem I can say is it has a big foot print, that's it.

The cup size on the co-3 is a nice size

Last edited:

minawibraheem

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's all good , thanks guys , ya I kinda thought that the footprint is big but I am building a 40 breeder in to a sump which is 18 inch deep so I think it will be fine , one last thing how deep do you guys have the skimmers in water so when I build my sump I would make it the exact depth I need the skimmer in

angelo14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Mine is set at 9 inches. I got my sump from custom king and it let's me adjust the height. I definitely recommend him and he can work with you.

uploadfromtaptalk1438224106750.jpg

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have AquaMaxx EcoMaxx In-Sump Protein Skimmer. Going on 3 years . Very quiet and very powerful. Sicce pump are awesome. Never had a problem. I was giving these new models when they first came out at awesome price. The stuff it picks up is super thick. Very happy with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: