kaOzGrUnT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Has anyone tested this skimmer yet? I have not bought one for my new 90 gal + 40 gal breeder sump and I am leaning towards this.
Others have told me ASM G4, Vertex IN 180 and SWC Xtreme 200 (NOT CONE)

Specs...
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Single pump[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Xtreme 160 conical protein skimmer. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The ORIGINAL Xtreme protein skimmer! Comes with an Atman 2500 pump. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]An integrated removable bubble plate to help reduce turbulence within the protein skimmer.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Fully disassemble, due to the removable base plate. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Perfectly balenced body and neck. [/FONT]
Adjustable air intake for fine air flow adjustment.
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Gate valve pipe output allows you to adjust the skimmer and have precision control of the water level. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Custom needle wheel meshwheel hybrid impeller. Up to 600lph/21scfh of air pull using custom impeller. Air number will vary depending on aquarium set up.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]These are real numbers not hyped numbers. Draws less than 27 watts of electricity per pump.Quick release neck on the collection cup - requires 1/2 inch of clearance to remove the cup. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In sump skimmers only.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Recommended water depth 6-9 inches. [/FONT]
Foot Print:
LxWxH in inches
9*7*20.58
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Xtreme 160 cone SkimmerLight Bioload Medium Bioload Heavy Bioload

Tank ratings 15012090
[/FONT]

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
wow.. when did the price on these skimmers jump so high? Last I was looking, the price was around $225-250 for an SWC 160 cone.. now it's up to $370. :Yikes: That actually makes the BM more attractive in comparison.

The SWC does look better, but not THAT much better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: