Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys im looking to buy a six lamp T5 set up, I was wondering if anyone has any advice or fixures they would favorite or recommend. Im looking at the Aquaticlife T5 HO 6-Lamp Fixture marine depot is selling. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Chenzo

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Aquaticlife was started by an ex-coralife employee. They're just dressed up versions of coralife fixtures from what I've seen. The Tek lights and the ATI are far superior as far as build quality and sport way better reflectors.

+1 for the clamp lamp unless aesthetics are an issue.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Is money is not a big deal then ATI powermodule is amazing, but if your budget is limited then tek elite fixture by far. The aquatic life fixture is Nice. My buddy has the 6 bulb on his 72g bow. The timer is really nice, and the moon lights are nice too, but real reefers don't go by looks and pretty design. Reflectors, ballasts, temperature, end caps, those are much more important. Tek lights reflectors could pretty much be a mirror. The fixture itself is extremely light weight and slim. I own a 36 inch 6 bulb tek elite. Amazing. The best fixture I have ever owned.

The aquatic life fixture costs a lot more, and is not the best pick. It is a really nice fixture, and the bulbs they come with are impressive. if you pick the tek light or ati light, you will love it as well. If you pick the aquatic life fixture, you will as well love it. It's personal choice, but in the end, there are a dozen or two decent fixtures out there but there is a reason why so far you were only told 2 different fixtures. Get the hint lol

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok reasoning as to why, the ATI's are fan cooled which help keep temp down on ballast which equates to longer lasting, they also actively cool the bulbs which extend life and bring out proper color temps, the regular tek doesnt do this, only the elite has the fans for tek. both ATI and the tek elite use a 98% reflective material which is as good as it gets, i dont need a timer as i have a controller. ive owned 6 or so t5 set up's, and currently use a ATI powermodule and anyone who has seen my tank cant believe how bright it is which t5's, it looks like i am using 2 250w mh's. i owned the ATI sunpower also, great fixture as well but use's less fans and isnt body wise built as solid as the powermodule. but like i said if i was buying new, would be no doubt in me getting the new elite fixture

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks guys appreciate the advice, I dont really want to spend as much as the ATI's are. Seems like the tek lights will pretty much be the same price at the aquatic life, i thought they were less but then i realized the tek lights dont come with any bulbs. Im still not sure what to do, I just dont wanna spend 500 bucks and then not be happy.

I have another question if you make a pvc over flow with two flow pipes is it ok if they meet to one pipe in the sump or should there be 2 individual pipes the whole way? Meeting the two pipes to one should'nt be a problem right? or am i wrong? Thanks everyone sorry all the questions.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: