Chrisk1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Please let me know if this is Ich? I have had the fish for years and always has appeared sickly. However, more recently his white dots have become bigger and more prevalent.

Attachments

• IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 226

Wilson416

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hey build his amune system up mine was sick to I use shredded ginger added garlic and brine shrimp mixed it together and made cube and feed for 7 days now he's doing great

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
At first thought lateral line, but think it's so skinny that you see the lateral line so.
Fatten that fish up. Feed new life spectrum pellets and seaweed exclusively for a few weeks

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Yes definitely from what i can see he has a pinched stomach i would feed nori or other seaweeds i have 3 tangs in my tank now and every time i got a yellow they were always on the skinny side but after a couple of days with the nori and some food (i use crushed flake for years) with a couple of drops of garlic they would fatten up
i would also pay attention to its stool see if its stringy if it is he has a internal parasite that can be fixed with Prazipro i have used it in reef tanks with no problems do not overdose
My experience with ick the white spots dont grow they just spread so it would have more white spots not a bigger one in my experience if it gets bigger thats due to it being a bacteria infection could have started with ick then scratching turned it into a infection just my 2 cents good luck and keep us updated

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Sorry for the double post but tangs do need regular feedings of seaweed you can buy the cheap stuff at the grocery or the multiple kinds at your local store or mix it up it just has to be done at least 2 times a week you will see allot of fish besides for tangs go for it too

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: