nautilus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I've been thinking which one would be cost efficient and would bring good result for a 36x30 coverage, SPS dominated. I'm considering 3-4 AI sol vs 2 Radion. Mrsaltwater tank covers some early review of Ecotech's radion and I know couple of people here have owned AI sol for sometime now. Well, I hope you guys could share your experience and advice. BTW, AI dropped their price to just $399 and Radions listed for $749. Thanks in advance

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
As someone who previously owned the radion I say get the AI SOl's. My cousin has one over a 30 x 18 x 25 tank and it is more than enough light. Also Thirty5 on here has 2 over his 75g tank and they look awesome.

People don't want to admit it, but the radion is just bells and whistles over the AI sol. Like being able to program it from teh computer, but reality you only do this once and set and forget it really. Or thuderstorms and cloud cvg - did T5 or mH ever have them NO!

Also people will say OH THE SPECTRUM THE SPECTRUM NA NA NA NA SPECTRUM, in reality the amount of leds on the board compared to the blues and whites are insignificant and get overpowered. Plus I've seen members tanks and my own cousin's with the AI and their colors and growth are amazing!

THus save yourself the $ and regret and do teh AI.

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
You just didn't set them up right..Lol
I luv my AI's..
P.S my fish and coral luv them too they told me..lol

set them up right ??? all u do is hang them and adjust the color nothin more to it lol...but ok the ai's are ok and u do get the coral growth/pop but the full color spectrum isnt there u will under stand once u see a tank lit up with the eco rad....will make u wanna sell ur ai's no dout about it.....

Cris007

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
set them up right ??? all u do is hang them and adjust the color nothin more to it lol...but ok the ai's are ok and u do get the coral growth/pop but the full color spectrum isnt there u will under stand once u see a tank lit up with the eco rad....will make u wanna sell ur ai's no dout about it.....
Nah... If u buy my AI's for $800 each ill try the Ecotech. Then I probably sell them and make a profit. There is a study on the ecotech color spectrum they go into detail but they basically said that the ecotech have unusable colors spectrum..

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
Nah... If u buy my AI's for $800 each ill try the Ecotech. Then I probably sell them and make a profit. There is a study on the ecotech color spectrum they go into detail but they basically said that the ecotech have unusable colors spectrum..

lol @ $800 each...:smash: just take a look at a tank lit by eco radion and then look at ur tank....huge diff really didnt notice the unusable color spectrum but ur right on that part i have read about it... but really didnt notice it since i found the color spectrum i was lookin for and that i have been searching for on leds for some time now.....also if u have the cash for it shoot for the eco if not then the ai's are fine if u dont mind missing some color spectrum....

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
IMO the cost the Radion is not worth it. The AI's look great. I love them over my tank. If you want to do 4 AI's then you will need 4 radions.

I am getting 230 par on the sandbed of my tank and they are not up all the way. I think the color spectrum is wonderful and the colors look great!!!

Cris007

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
IMO the cost the Radion is not worth it. The AI's look great. I love them over my tank. If you want to do 4 AI's then you will need 4 radions.

I am getting 230 par on the sandbed of my tank and they are not up all the way. I think the color spectrum is wonderful and the colors look great!!!

+1
And if u want more colors just pick up one of those spectrum bars from Wingo. It will still be cheaper than the Ecotech.

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
AI supplemented with Figi Purple and Actinic T5, beats Radion hands down.

I have had amazing SPS growth with AI (had them for 8 months now). I recently added a couple of T5 to supplement the looks. The red/green/purple with this combo is awesome.

Radion are way over priced ....

Sunny

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Interested in good aquarium lighting or having a night club in your tank, if you want people to ooh and Ahh , then Let it be over your coral growth not your techno light effect that u can get at Ikea for 35 bucks lol thiiiiiiiink about it! Ps I love my ai lights so do my tenants !!

powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have AI, and using 2 Radions for my 90 Gallon tank. I like the light, except the cost of them. I like the red and green LED in this light because the red and green gives you a different look of your tank. Since I in the morning I have cool white and red, the coral looks totally different then at night where I use cool white, blue, royal blue and etc... the color of the corals are so different during the whole day.

Just my 2 Cents. (thats all I have left after buying the Radion!) :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: