kementer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   3   0
Hi guys,

Really need some help here i got used red sea max 250 which i regret getting. I finally clean it and took everything out of the sump .
However i seen the tank at the guys house with it install but was half way out
of the hood which i didnt like so i end up buying that skimmer w/tank cause i heard good things about it .

I notice that he did shave the left portion of the plastic but when i tried to slide it in the slot the whole thing fall right in.
If i used that lip on the left side of the skimmer what's holding the right side or the bottom of it from falling in.

Am i missing a part or something ? Do i just buy the original 250 skimmer if they sell the whole thing for that system which i cant find a site to buy it.
They just sell some parts like the the pump etc .

Im ready to kick the tank and skimmer out the window cause i spend more on this then a new 250.Replaced new bulbs,pumps,heater sponges,media basket,hood lid and timer lid , parts for hood etc.

What am i doing wrong ? Any help and or advice will help ive seen mods but they dont show what on the bottom of the skimmer or to the right of it .

Thanks guys
Mike

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
It isn't the tanks and skimmers fault- relax and take your time. I just added that same skimmer a couple of weeks ago.

First thing you need to do is take a breath and step back for a minute.

On the MC500 the sliding tab on the left side with the notches and 2 small screws is what keeps it from falling. If the screws are lined up properly in the notch they WILL prevent the skimmer from falling down.
The bigger screw on the outside of the bracket is what you use to straighten the skimmer, the more you cinch that screw down the more pressure is applied to the tank plastic and will pull the skimmer body to it and keep it straight.

I only have actually 1 of the little screws on the slider in and it holds perfectly so 2 definately will( I stripped one out is why I only have 1).

You do not have to have the skimmer where the lid on the hood will not close.

There are multiple ways to adjust the skimmer:
1) the height with that sliding bracket
2) how far you slide the collection cup into the skimmer neck
3) how far open or closed the air valve is- the more open it is the less bubbles, as you close it down your bubble level will increase.

Find a balance between all 3 and you will be fine and the tank will look stock as the day it was purchased,.

One thing to add, you need to get an auto top off, the skimmer is sensitive to and I mean SENSITIVE to changes in water levels because it is so finely tuneable.

Here are some pics I just took to show you what I'm talking about:

DSC_0040-12.jpg

DSC_0041-13.jpg

DSC_0042-11.jpg

DSC_0043-11.jpg

DSC_0044-9.jpg

DSC_0045-5.jpg

DSC_0046-5.jpg

DSC_0047-5.jpg

This is where I keep my water level with where I have the skimmer set:

DSC_0040-13.jpg

These things take time man, a lot of fiddling around and PATIENCE to get right. It will all work out for you in the longrun, have faith, there are WAY too many of us that are running the exact setup you have with success, it's how you set things up to make them work right, it doesn't come with a trunk monkey to do it for you;)

kementer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   3   0
I notice that the slip is not on the left its on the right and its missing the center screw . Is there 2 slips on each side ? As for the Auto Top Off i just got into hobby and dont know which is a good one and how it to set it up
etc.
Where do i buy parts for the mc 500 ? If i need to get another skimmer which will be better the original or the tunze cause it seem you got to know what ure doing with this skimmer . I just want to get this started so i can get live sand live rock and water set up to cycle.
Here some pics of my mc 500 if it works . Thanks man

Attachments

• IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,787
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,957
  • mc 500.jpg
    mc 500.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,835
  • IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,914

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
No you use that slide- just put it on the other side, it works on either side. The center screw on the clear isn't needed, don't sweat that. It's meant to hoild the collection cup in place but its a tight enough fit you have no need for it. If you want give me a call- Ill reefberry you my number- I'll answer any questions you have

The only thing I see is the downplate it missing off your slide- Just take that slide off and go to Lowes and buy the right thickness of acrylic and silicone it in there and tap a hole for a screw. The guy in that dept will be able to help you. Actually crazy glue it.

Last edited:

BIGJ67

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DELTEC MC500 replacement pump

I know this is an older post, I could use some help!
I have a deltec mc500 and need a new pump for it.
I did some on line research and it runs me back to a Sicce PSK-1000 Professional Skimmer Pump w Needle wheel,
does anyone know of a direct replacement pump for this skimmer?
has anyone been thru this replacement process
I don't want to end up with 10 pumps and a useless skimmer
thanx in advance
Jack C

kementer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   3   0
deltec skimmers

here the name is called I bought sapre sponge and those white knobs as well
the pump is expensive but like 300 or so .But ask corrie if she there she's
help me out . Hope that helps .

Deltec Spares parts USA
Corrie Good
Deltec Spares USA
804-612-0588

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
not to bring up an old post but kementer is a scam artist...this POS sold me this skimmer on Reef central and never shipped it....unreal that this person posted the same pics from this post...should have done my research....just an FYI

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: