OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I'm always looking to upgrade to a more efficient and better looking reef, that being said I think my lights suck more so the way I have the situated.

I am currently running 2 AI sols over a basic 65gal , hanging about 20-24in above the water line (so I can get in there without having to move them). Yes I know that is damn high and of course I'm not getting the par I should even with these strong lights. Seems like a question I already know the answer to:arg: BUT should I get a set of used radions or stick with these dinosaurs?.

I'm going to want to keep them up that high.:thrash:

At this point I'm only having success keeping ricordea florida as my yumas melted from dimness and the zoas (not all of my collection is happy and open) additionally I keep some duncans and maybe a few chalice (actually no problem here,except slow *** growth)

LMK I need to help:teeth:

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Thats hung very high. Whats that about 3-4' to sand bed?

Maybe look into redoing how you have them mounted to lower them down.

Swing arm, goosenecks, etc. so you can just swing them out of the way.

You should be getting growth with these corals from those lights, if lowering them isn't enough, I'd then, either add a hydra 26, or look into new options.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
What are you planning to grow in the future?

I have 1 Radion G3 Pro that is 8" above a 65g (3ft long). And it grows everything in all corners.
The end of the tank doesn't get strong light but it still grows birdsnest, duncan, mushrooms, zoas and palys.

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
What are you planning to grow in the future?

I have 1 Radion G3 Pro that is 8" above a 65g (3ft long). And it grows everything in all corners.
The end of the tank doesn't get strong light but it still grows birdsnest, duncan, mushrooms, zoas and palys.

I want to grow it all !

a major undertaking, this I know. I've had a slew of Nano reefs from 8gal-30gal and I can honestly say after I found the system's "sweet spot" ( nutrient/water chem ):Hydrogen: the systme thrived on its own with a w/c every 2 weeks.

Natural progression pushed me to 65gal and it has been an uphill battle ( bought a WHOLE setup; none of my equipment). Ive since upgraded the Powerhead to MP40 quiet drive dialed down ofcourse. on Saturday after a few cocktails I rearranged my rock to promote more swimming room for the finned friends, I'll gauge how the animals respond. Pic's to follow.:fett:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: