Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What are the steps when getting a new acro.
should it be dipped for bugs if so whats best to use
should it be dripped and how
should it start on the bottom and moved up but is this true if the light it a lower watt then it was in before?

thanks for any input.....

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Well....I would dip and quarantine everything. This only took me 3 years and lots of losses to realize it is just not worth not doing !!! Interceptor, Coral rx, and lugals are now in my dipping arsenal. And to take it a step further I now have a small quarantine tank for the dipped corals to stay and be observed for an extended period before hitting my display. I know this all sounds overkill...but I have just about had enough losses from bugs and nuda's. Get rid of them from the begining.
Regarding the aclimation, I use a slow drip over an hour or so...depending on the starting(chemistry) & temp point of the water that the piece was in.
With regards to lighting....Unless the person has the identical lighting scenario start low and gradually raise. To be honest I would still start out lower. This is another area where i learned many a bleach later....:)

Thane

Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I like the tmpccc but I recently started using iodine frone cvs, walmart, and drug stores, it's stronger and cheaper with about 5mls to 1 quart of water and it's a must to turkey baste constantly for about 4 to 5min..
And the best follow up is a strong rinse in your water, good quality or your justplain abusing the coral,,,lol..
Ming told me once to make the solution like tea:cheers:

The worst thing you can do to an established parasite free system is to get lazy and quick dip and drop in... I only slam fish...

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
After The Dip!! I was statrting on the bottom of the tank. with the t5's on! I was thinking of putting the mh on for a few hrs tommarow or is that too soon after working to get the MH back to full time cycle them I will move it up a few inchs each day. Is that correct or should I wait longer?

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I like the tmpccc but I recently started using iodine frone cvs, walmart, and drug stores, it's stronger and cheaper with about 5mls to 1 quart of water and it's a must to turkey baste constantly for about 4 to 5min..
And the best follow up is a strong rinse in your water, good quality or your justplain abusing the coral,,,lol..
Ming told me once to make the solution like tea:cheers:

The worst thing you can do to an established parasite free system is to get lazy and quick dip and drop in... I only slam fish...

+1 with Iodine from CVS

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: