lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Red and uv gives better growth? I doubt that. It's for looks and IMO it looks too "pink" with red and uv on even 20%. also promotes certain algae growth at least In my tank.

Its for photosynthesis which the Zooxanthellae use to produce food for the coral. Its why your algae grows also...cause guess what theres algae inside your corals! Anyway the algae in your tank isn't because of your LEDs and the inclusion of red and uv is what makes a full spectrum led fixture full spectrum.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Red and uv gives better growth? I doubt that. It's for looks and IMO it looks too "pink" with red and uv on even 20%. also promotes certain algae growth at least In my tank.

"My nitrates at 35 ppm could this cause corals to not grow as fast?

How can I lower this without a Refugium?" C/P from u.

You got 35 ppm Nitrate ? and blame UV and RED LED for algae ?

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Changed color combination and this is final version what I am going with and I have placed an order for solderless leds. Thanks to Rapidled for 20% discount for blackfriday and placed an order for 7 Meanwell LDD drivers, Coralux board for LDD drivers..

Attachments

• New Color Combination.jpg
    New Color Combination.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 373

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Changed color combination and this is final version what I am going with and I have placed an order for solderless leds. Thanks to Rapidled for 20% discount for blackfriday and placed an order for 7 Meanwell LDD drivers, Coralux board for LDD drivers..

What is the size of tank ? how many gal. ? the reason i ask, i got IT 2080 Evergrow and is about 9" wide, NOT cover well the 24" wide, 30 " H tank (150 gal.) that way i add. 4 T5 (2 front and 2 back) u may have to make 6 or 7 LED on wide side ?

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Tank is 120 gal tank Oceanic Euro Brace. Size is 48x24x24 and Euro Brace takes away 4" on each side and 2" from front and back so I will be left with 40"x 20" I will be using T-Slot heatsink from HeatSingUSA and size is 8.5"x36 or 38". I could not find any other heatsink. I will be using 60 deg and 40 deg optics 40 deg will be going on both side end rows because I will to keep light in the tank.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Tank is 120 gal tank Oceanic Euro Brace. Size is 48x24x24 and Euro Brace takes away 4" on each side and 2" from front and back so I will be left with 40"x 20" I will be using T-Slot heatsink from HeatSingUSA and size is 8.5"x36 or 38". I could not find any other heatsink. I will be using 60 deg and 40 deg optics 40 deg will be going on both side end rows because I will to keep light in the tank.

If u use only 8 1/2" wide, than 40 deg. i d'ont think is good, i will use list 60 deg. or 80 deg. and list 10-12" above water, to cover 24' wide. I am not expert, but that the way i see it. After i finish the one i working now, i will make the next one list 12", i already got the 1/8 Thick ALUMINUM SHEET, i got place to cut (custom) bend etc.

Ups...now i see, " keep light in the tank" u sure ?!

Last edited:

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Most likely I will go with 60 deg lens and light spread should be fine. Got led's and led boards today. Once I get all the parts I will post pictures...

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I already finish, Ch #1+ 2 Ch. i got 250-300 Par(at bottom) at 36" deep.

Ch#1 10 RB + 2 Cyan
Ch#2 10 UV Violet + 2 Cyan the next 2 Ch. i need more time to finish Ch #3+4.
Ch#3 12 W,cool
Ch#4 6 Blue, 2 Deep Red, 2 Green, 2 Amber .

48 leds on 14"x9"(4 ch.) that what i need. I will post pic. but i need new camera.lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: