• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
updates

Here are the pictures of the led fixture we build this is the final product...We fired it up last night and it is bright and my friend James who helped me resolved some of issues and he says its seems like he is looking at the sun... the point is it is bright and I will be mounting it high since I am using 60 deg optics.. more pictures to come...

Attachments

• 20140308_200938.jpg
    20140308_200938.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 20140308_201018.jpg
    20140308_201018.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 20140308_174343[1].jpg
    20140308_174343[1].jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 252

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I have 2 fans on each side and then one big fan 6" in the middle and i am trying to find acrylic place locally to make acrylic box where the light can sit in and prevent light from being wet from splash or saltwater moisture.....

goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rav,

Been following both your threads.. Really cool stuff man.. Maybe someday you'll let me swing by and check out the system when it's up and running!!!

I'm wondering why you chose to go with those drivers as oppossed to the single Meanwell type drivers (ex. ELN series). I'd love to know the pro/cons of going this route.

I have a controller already.. so I really like the idea of just getting one of these Driver cards, and adding 4 or 5 LDD drivers.

I'm planning my LED build in the coming months

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
tank and light

Hey bud thanks a lot for kind words and yes you are welcome to swing by and check out my tank hopefully I will be able to add sand and try to do some aquascaping, I will be posting pictures of the progress though.....

I am using these drivers because its a lot less mess of wiring and only two wires goes from the power supply to the board and then board supplies power to all the drivers and it looks very neat, no heat and very reliable, easy to swap and most important its only 5.40 each driver so if it goes bad I don't need to shell out 35 bucks for driver... I am using 2 boards, one has 6 drivers and 2nd has 4 drivers I have extra 2 drivers that are blank and I have option to add 28 more led's to my fixture and power supply I bought is capable of handling all of them. I hope I answered your question...

Hi Rav,

Been following both your threads.. Really cool stuff man.. Maybe someday you'll let me swing by and check out the system when it's up and running!!!

I'm wondering why you chose to go with those drivers as oppossed to the single Meanwell type drivers (ex. ELN series). I'd love to know the pro/cons of going this route.

I have a controller already.. so I really like the idea of just getting one of these Driver cards, and adding 4 or 5 LDD drivers.

I'm planning my LED build in the coming months

goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud thanks a lot for kind words and yes you are welcome to swing by and check out my tank hopefully I will be able to add sand and try to do some aquascaping, I will be posting pictures of the progress though.....

I am using these drivers because its a lot less mess of wiring and only two wires goes from the power supply to the board and then board supplies power to all the drivers and it looks very neat, no heat and very reliable, easy to swap and most important its only 5.40 each driver so if it goes bad I don't need to shell out 35 bucks for driver... I am using 2 boards, one has 6 drivers and 2nd has 4 drivers I have extra 2 drivers that are blank and I have option to add 28 more led's to my fixture and power supply I bought is capable of handling all of them. I hope I answered your question...

Thanks for the info.. I'm def going that route.. I'm sure I'll ping you when I start ordering parts!

goisles1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates on these lights?

Come on Ravi... we're all waiting anxiously!!!

Not to thread hijack.. But.. Today. I ordered the 4 port Diver board and 4 LDD drivers from Coralux :)

Gonna build a DIY fixture with Chinese LED's as a test run on my 55Gal in my office... Waiting on aliexpress to respond to my queries on the LEDS

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: