saltwaterman112

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Does any one here use the monitor. I just purchased a refractometer which tells me to calibrate with ro/di water until 0. But read an article that i should calibrate it to 1.026 using pinpoint calibration fluid. So that mean i would have to get the fluid. Wasn't convinced that the refractometer was that accurate being that i coulnt get the line at the zero point to be straight.

saltwaterman112

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
no i did adjust it it seems like the line across is not straight it slants down while the left side is @ 0 the right side would be a tab below. Dont know but should i get the pinpoint to calibrate at 1.026 or is it fine at calibrating with ro/di at 0

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
You could have a defective refractometer. I have seen them.

When you test your tank water does the line slant as well? I'd like to know if the line slants at the zero calibration mark AND the test line as well. This would be an indication that the refractometer is not functioning properly.

Russ

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Conductivity (not salinity) meters are not very accurate.. They require calibration very often and before each use.

People use the PinPoint 53.0 mS test solution to check\calibrate the refractometer, not the meter.

saltwaterman112

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
To be honests it does slant and more importantly i cant get a clear shot of the line. So i really dont know what its reading. I see like two lines and dont know which to read. I did order me some pinpoint calibration solution should be here tomorrow see how that works..

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
The calibration solution unfortunately won't set things right for that refractometer. It is a damaged piece of equipment. If you can return it to the vendor you bought it from, that's the course of action I'd take.

Best of luck,
Russ

saltwaterman112

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
you think so thats what im going to do then i thought it might be something i was doing but i already spoke to them they were gonna send me a new one but i decided to get the pinpoint instead. thanks.

saltwaterman112

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
yea i just wanted the easy reading why is there anything wrong with the pinpoint i also ordered a used calcium monitor should be here tomorrow but didnt hear anything good about those heard it has to be calibrate alot so might just get rid of that one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: