• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So how many of you train? and how many of you have been injured while rolling? What kind of injuries?

I was rolling on Friday night and fractured one rib, and bruised the surrounding ribs (Percs and Vicadin are treating me well). I never leave the gym without two or three new bruises. Has anyone else fractured a rib? how long did it take to heal?

Rich

Manny

Flying Kimura
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
my training partner fractured a rib last tues. training for GQ. The doc told him not to roll for at least two week to a month

One of my teammates got a hairline fracture on one his ribs at GQ sat.

WTF was going on with ribs last week?

where do you train?

Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have broken 2 ribs in the past (one playing football and the other playing lacrosse) and had to take it easy for about a month both times before I was able to start running around again. What a PITA that type of injury is because everytime you move your body it hurts :(

-Chris

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
where do you guys train? I've been looking for something on the east side (I want to train in Krav Maga, but the trip to the westside to make the 6pm training time doesn't work that well for me...) I want to train in someting practical, not a showy style...

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Manny,
I train at Serra Ju-Jitsu in East Meadow (on the Island). They received their BJJ Black Belts from Renzo Gracie.

Reefer420,
Have you looked at Renzo Gracies place?(BJJ) They are on the west side. I think they are on 30th and 7th ave or really close to that area.

Rich

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
Broken ribs suck. breathinjg hurts, sneezing is like being stuck with a spear in the side.

Breathing, laughing, sneezing, coughing... Lifting(even my arm), turning, bending, its sucks!

And the only thing they can do, is make you comfortable... yay for drugs!

Manny

Flying Kimura
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
rborgia: Serra jj..very cool..... I saw them at grappers quest. How long have you been training? I train at Jungle Gym & Balance westchester.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Took Ninjitsu for 4years ,5 day a week Full contact from day one

Funny you ask ,after 2 years of training ,i had one bad freaking week

Almost dislocated my right shoulder was in pain for days ,,,and the same week ,got an elbow from my sense to my eyebrow .open me up bad .

Next day went for training with stiches and a closed up eye.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Manny said:
rborgia: Serra jj..very cool..... I saw them at grappers quest. How long have you been training? I train at Jungle Gym & Balance westchester.

I did a lot of searching for BJJ places in my area... I am extremely limited. However, Serra happened to be the closest place to me.

I hjave only been going for a month... I am VERY WHITE! but I enjoy it. I'm just pissed this happened!

Rich

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Rborgia said:
Manny,
I train at Serra Ju-Jitsu in East Meadow (on the Island). They received their BJJ Black Belts from Renzo Gracie.

Reefer420,
Have you looked at Renzo Gracies place?(BJJ) They are on the west side. I think they are on 30th and 7th ave or really close to that area.

Rich

I've heard of that place too - but I am trying to find something on the east side... I can't seem to find any place thats has a good rep..

Deep- Ninjitsu huh? How is that?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Reefer420 said:
I've heard of that place too - but I am trying to find something on the east side... I can't seem to find any place thats has a good rep..

Deep- Ninjitsu huh? How is that?

I loved it ,you use lots of ninja style fighting ,nun chucks ,sword ,stars ,knives ,and so on ,full contact from get go ,which made it interesting.Also lots gymnastics,Jumping ,landing, Filps and nuch more.was a great feeling ,wish i never stopped ,but bill where catching up tome at the time and had to get bills up to par

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've fractured my ribs twice while taking Tae Kwon Do. Same rib both times. The second time around was during allergy season and every time I sneezed I think I made it worse. :headache: Took me 2 monthes to heal the second time and one month the first time. Try to sleep with a pillow as a brace between you and the mattress. It helps to take up the voids and makes breathing at night a bit easier. Get well soon! :flower:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: