Reef Kinetics

Active Reefer
Staff member
Hey, Reefers!

Curious about the ReefBot Lab and how it's revolutionizing aquarium testing? Dive into our collection of user testimonials and videos to hear from real ReefBot Lab users!

1- Deven Rich from ReefDudes:
- Check out Deven's journey with the ReefBot Lab, from unboxing to 1.5 years of usage! [Watch Now!]

2- Sam Parkers from ParkersReef:
- Sam shares his insights and experiences with the ReefBot Lab in his detailed video review. Similar to Deven, Sam has been a ReefBot user since early models [Watch Here!]

3- Danny from Danny's Aquariums:
- Danny provides not one, but two informative videos showcasing the ReefBot Lab in action! [Watch Videos!]

4- Joey Jones from TheCoralReefTalk:
- Joey discusses the benefits of using the ReefBot Lab in his latest video testimonial. [Watch Testimonial!]

5- Ryan from PrestigeReef:
- Ryan shares his thoughts on the ReefBot Lab and its impact on his reefing journey. [Watch Now!]

User Testimonial Videos:
- Hear from Greg from Reef Hub as he shares his personal experience and setup tips for the ReefBot Lab. [Watch Testimonial!]

Ready to join the ReefBot Lab community? Don't miss out on these insightful videos and testimonials!

Keep an eye out for future updates and new content. Happy reefing!

Al Slepian

New Reefer
So I bought one of these new ReefBot Labs and the only test that works is pH. The rest turn up results with no color or results that machine says can't be interpreted. Manual tests verify satisfactory parameters on all tests. All queries to ReefKinetics come back blaming user error. But set up is per instructions; I used all brand new reagent, changed out vial sizes, replaced needles, added the stirring regimens and did everything ReefKinetics suggested. None of it worked. Now customer service has stopped responding. No US service support. Apparently they can't remotely access the equipment to diagnose. Anyone know how to get a refund? If you order this and it has a defect, I guess you are just plain out of luck - and out $1,300!

Reef Kinetics

Active Reefer
Staff member
So I bought one of these new ReefBot Labs and the only test that works is pH. The rest turn up results with no color or results that machine says can't be interpreted. Manual tests verify satisfactory parameters on all tests. All queries to ReefKinetics come back blaming user error. But set up is per instructions; I used all brand new reagent, changed out vial sizes, replaced needles, added the stirring regimens and did everything ReefKinetics suggested. None of it worked. Now customer service has stopped responding. No US service support. Apparently they can't remotely access the equipment to diagnose. Anyone know how to get a refund? If you order this and it has a defect, I guess you are just plain out of luck - and out $1,300!
Hello Alan, we are sorry to hear about this. But worry not. I took a look at your logs and have the following feedback.

First, regarding Alkalinity, you seem to be using API Alkalinity which has a resolution of 1 dkh. It has been showing values between 4 and 6 dkh. We will get back to this later.

Second, the Calcium test. You have been getting transparent results which indicate no stirring. Make sure that a stirrer magnet is found in all vials and chambers. If there's low or no sample water, make sure to calibrate the test chamber to ensure that water is entering, or the reagents are not being disposed of, which usually suggests that the reagents are below the volume that the needle can reach in a vial.

The same issue can be traced in the magnesium and phosphate tests as well, where one or both reagents are below a sufficient level in the vial.

Can you please check for these? Best practice is to run any test of those not working to monitor the device and notice what step is causing this. This seems to be a problem in all tests. The pH test might not be insufficient in addition to not needing stirring.

Let me know how it goes! I am sure that when you check these, you will not be dissatisfied anymore!

Al Slepian

New Reefer
Well, I did even more than you suggested... and got almost the same results. I replaced all the large vials with the medium vials (and updated the settings). All vials were filled to the top (this is the 4th time you have told me reagent quantity is the problem - I promise you, it is not the problem) and all have magnetic stirrers in them. I replaced the API Phosphate #2 because it was syrupy, but the new stuff (with an expiration date in 2027) was also syrupy (should I put in a second magnet?). I also re-ran the calibration tests. The RO was fine but the Test chamber had lost calibration - my spirits rose. FYI, my sample water comes directly from my 150 gallon sump, so no shortage of supply there. My RO filters and media were changed 2 months ago, so my RO water is very clean. As previously mentioned, I already replaced the needles once, so they only have 8 tests on them (well, 10 now). And I run both API stirring tests daily. My aquarium servicer and I did all the tests manually (using same reagent brands) to get baseline results. Then I reran the phosphate and nitrate tests. Phosphate: Manual Test: 1.0; Reefbot Test: 0 with color being white/clear. Nitrate: Manual Test: 5.0; Reefbot Test: 0 but, for the first time, there was a little pale yellow color for the reading. Getting closer (maybe), but still dissatisfied....
And what about your follow up on Alkalinity?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: