henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Question?
Can korellen Zucht zeolite media be ran by itself? no bio fuel or mb7. (nothing)
My tank is fine. I'm just looking to add bacterioplankton to my tank to feed my acros...
Will doing this cause a problem?
Also can it be ran with cheato growing in the system?

thanks..

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
When I ran zeolite in my 120 SPS I just supplemented with potassium and was adding amino acids. I didn't see a need to add anything else and my nitrates and phos in the tank were always unreadable. The SPS thrived in that tank and growth and color were amazing. The zeo will deplete potassium so it is necessary to add that but as far as keeping the bacteria going I never had any issues with it.

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
When I ran zeolite in my 120 SPS I just supplemented with potassium and was adding amino acids. I didn't see a need to add anything else and my nitrates and phos in the tank were always unreadable. The SPS thrived in that tank and growth and color were amazing. The zeo will deplete potassium so it is necessary to add that but as far as keeping the bacteria going I never had any issues with it.
good answer. thanks
Did you have a refugium with it?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: