albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I don't think so, are you speaking from experience? Care to share some pics or links to where you have seen this happen for a Lineatus.

Yes, I'm speaking from experience...I have over 40 wrasses in my tank...I currently have 3 Lineatus wrasses, that were all juvis...all 3 now have male coloring with yellow tails, I would expect 1 to develop a red tail within the next month or so.

mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yes, I'm speaking from experience...I have over 40 wrasses in my tank...I currently have 3 Lineatus wrasses, that were all juvis...all 3 now have male coloring with yellow tails, I would expect 1 to develop a red tail within the next month or so.

Obviously you have not experience a change from juvi to male. I am looking for a male/supermale lineatus with redtail. You have over 40 wrasses and 3 lineatus that have yet to turn into male.

lg_89174.jpg

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Obviously you have not experience a change from juvi to male. I am looking for a male/supermale lineatus with redtail. You have over 40 wrasses and 3 lineatus that have yet to turn into male.

I don't know what your problem is, but these are not my first ever Lineatus ... Wrasses change to male and then terminal/super male if you can keep them long enough...If you want a supermale NOW, then buy it...

mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't know what your problem is, but these are not my first ever Lineatus ... Wrasses change to male and then terminal/super male if you can keep them long enough...If you want a supermale NOW, then buy it...

I don't have a problem, i came here looking to buy the lineatus with red tail pictured.

Then you come in and say just buy a juv it will eventually turn into male.

Then I replied saying I never heard of that happening to anyone with a Lineatus.

Then you said it has happened to you but in fact it has not...........

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Sorry, I was not clear...

This has happened many, many times to the wrasses that I've kept over the past 40+ years, including many Lineatus ... in my tanks, in front of my eyes, with many 'credible' witnesses to testify if necessary ...

Btw, the bad news is that when a second male turns to supermale, he will most likely kill your first supermale, which is why I'm always looking to purchase more juvi wrasses.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Village

I have purchased Rock, Fish and Corals from this store.

I have found the people wrking there to be very knowledgeable and friendly.

Their Corals are priced reasonably and have a wide variety.

Their Fish are also diverse. Make sur you check out the variety of desiger clownfish.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have purchased Rock, Fish and Corals from this store.

I have found the people wrking there to be very knowledgeable and friendly.

Their Corals are priced reasonably and have a wide variety.

Their Fish are also diverse. Make sur you check out the variety of desiger clownfish.

+1 - They are always stocked and have a varied selection of fishes and corals. I always check out the LPS section for deals at $7, 15, 20, $30! I've not seen such great prices on corals at any other LFS.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: