tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
i'm gonna step out and say the first back. reason being: the purpose of a business card is to give contact info. plus you want name recognition and consistency with the logo/avatar/letter heads, etc.

yes the second looks cleaner but doesn't give the total name/brand recognition. we here already recognize the logo but if this were handed out say at a convention with broader demographics, the recipient may simply notice it's just a fishlike graphic and not really associate the whole half of the card with the company.

yes one can always turn the card around but you (dom) may not be using all of its potential. imagine driving down a road and see that on a billboard, unless you also drive back the other way, you'll miss half of the info.

just my $0.02

straightjiggy10

Advanced Reefer
i'm gonna step out and say the first back. reason being: the purpose of a business card is to give contact info. plus you want name recognition and consistency with the logo/avatar/letter heads, etc.

yes the second looks cleaner but doesn't give the total name/brand recognition. we here already recognize the logo but if this were handed out say at a convention with broader demographics, the recipient may simply notice it's just a fishlike graphic and not really associate the whole half of the card with the company.

yes one can always turn the card around but you (dom) may not be using all of its potential. imagine driving down a road and see that on a billboard, unless you also drive back the other way, you'll miss half of the info.

just my $0.02

I'm a Graphic Designer been doing this for 7 years, I agree 100% with tomtoothdoc!!

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
when it comes to advertising/first impression, i think you have only like 10 seconds to catch their attention. sad.... but people have only about 10-20 seconds attention span.
now....what the heck were we talking about?...lol

Domboski

No Coral Here
Well during the process of creating business cards and thinking about branding we decided to change the logo to be more flexible. Here is the final:

DOTRLogo-1.jpg

Our business cards are going to look like the below. You can see how we can use the fish's pattern as part of our branding arsenal :)

bizcards.jpg

Now onto the website development............

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: