DEL

reef guy in jc
i think that since the name is Diamonds of the Reef..it has to be a rare exotic fish thats hard to find and obtain..yet is beautiful to the eye..just like a real diamond..well..nowadays its so easy to buy diamonds..except a purple one..sorry i got carried away with the jewelry talk..but yea..i think its not a real fish..it has to be made up..or one of those only 1 ever found in existence type fish..

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
url

Domboski

No Coral Here
A lot of great guesses :) Thanks for all of your responses. I was curious if people would pick up on the fish :wink1:

The inspiration started with a photo and the design went through many iterations until we finally decided which one to move forward with. Below is the photo and some of the other designs we explored:

Photo taken by Lissa (ellebelle)
Orange Spotted Filefish (Oxymonacanthus longirostris)
This is actually one of mine
3408387438_34633f613c.jpg

Initial sketch by my cousin
iconoptions.jpg

First electronic concept
DiamondsoftheReef4Final.jpg

Some additional ideas presented including new icon sketches

sketch.jpg

reefdiamonds.jpg

LO.jpg

LO2.jpg

We even explored other fish (Anthias)
LO3.jpg

MORE INFO ON NEXT PAGE

Last edited:

Domboski

No Coral Here
i think that since the name is Diamonds of the Reef..it has to be a rare exotic fish thats hard to find and obtain..yet is beautiful to the eye..just like a real diamond..

Very true. Although the Orange Spotted Filefish is not rare in availability it is exotic. What is rare is to have an OSFF eating prepared foods. I have had a pair of these fish for quite some time and all they eat is pellets specially prepared for them. We want to offer fish like this to the hobby already conditioned to live a great life in captivity. Imagine buying a mandarin already eating mysis? An OSFF eating pellets? Leopard Wrasses established in aquaria? So even above the beautiful, rare and exotic we want to sell fish with a good head start and a higher probability of success.

The logo we eventually chose is simple, distinctive and representative of our philosophy.

DOTRLogo.jpg

Last edited:

Domboski

No Coral Here
Thanks Ted. I really like the icon as the centerpiece. There is some branding flexibility with the font especially when you use an icon as your centerpiece. We are in the beginning stages of the web development now (collecting quotes). I'm anxious to get moving on that part as well.

I also have to get business cards printed. Here is a sneak peak:

reef_bus_carddomMR.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: