Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Thanks to -Rkaragozler- for helping me last year with baffle size and layout on my 30g sump. Since then I've done a few with the same layout that have come out working flawlessly :) BUT: the corking looks like trash :-/

for the life of me when it comes to the corking I can't make it look nice. :-/ there must be a trick cause how can you cork smooth between the bubble trap baffle??
And I've worked with corking in kitchen,windows, and baths but I just can't get it to look good in a tank.

Anybody know the trick to it?????

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
like richie said, do 1 baffle at a a time. he also designed & cut my baffles for me. what i did was turn the tank vertical. i used a 9" empty box and placed the first baffle on top - ensuring it was square & level. after that cured for 1 day, i used cd/dvd cases (1") placed on top of the first baffle & then placed the 2nd baffle on top. i used a small makeup case (1") to raise it from bottom.
same with 3rd baffle. the last baffle i turned the tank 180, and placed a smaller shoe box for the return section. fully cured in 2 days. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 348

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
like richie said, do 1 baffle at a a time. he also designed & cut my baffles for me. what i did was turn the tank vertical. i used a 9" empty box and placed the first baffle on top - ensuring it was square & level. after that cured for 1 day, i used cd/dvd cases (1") placed on top of the first baffle & then placed the 2nd baffle on top. i used a small makeup case (1") to raise it from bottom.
same with 3rd baffle. the last baffle i turned the tank 180, and placed a smaller shoe box for the return section. fully cured in 2 days. ;)
Looks real good, buddy.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
okay the trick in getting the perfect seam.
when using a chaulking gun, never cut the tip more than 1/8",
apply just enough so it takes up about 1/4" on the seams.
then with a 1" round ball start at the bottom and work your way up.
to do in between baffles use a 1/4" hose and apply the silicone.
and follow that with a 1/2" ball.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
I wish I could help you answer that. I had the same question and never heard back from deep blue so I decided to build my own stand to make sure the 30gal sump would fit.

Thanks,but there's a person on here who has the same stand and somehow fitted a 20g long under it.
I'm hoping to find a way to do a sump with a refugium. If not I'm going to have to go with a metal stand and wrap it with wood :-/

slytsi

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just heard back from Deep Blue support. I do not know if this information helps you, but I will post it here to potentially help someone else down the line.

"[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Deep Blue Professional. Our 48x24 cabinets have a right side door in addition to the two located on the front. Maximum clearance inside the cabinet is approximately 25 inches. The top panel is also removable via camp lock assembly. Hope this helps."

[/FONT]

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
I just heard back from Deep Blue support. I do not know if this information helps you, but I will post it here to potentially help someone else down the line.

"[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Deep Blue Professional. Our 48x24 cabinets have a right side door in addition to the two located on the front. Maximum clearance inside the cabinet is approximately 25 inches. The top panel is also removable via camp lock assembly. Hope this helps."

[/FONT]

+1
I removed the top yesterday with my cuz, so now I'm able to fit a nice size sump :) thanks for the info ....... It should help lots of people.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: