Votes: 12 75.0%
  • LEDs - 2 x Radion G2

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hey everyone, I am upgrading to a DB 80g(rimmed) 48"x24"x16". I cannot decide on lighting. My tank will be mostly SPS, and I want to be able to have amazing growth(let's assume lighting is my only factor for growth). I am debating between 2 Radion G2's or an ATI 8x54w. What would you guys recommend and why? I need to decide this week. Thank you for your input!

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Why not have both?

20130707_101921.jpg

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
no I agree for sps t5 is gonna give you better color but growth is very slow and almost unnoticed if your looking in the tank every day led is much brighter and that's were you will get the most growth a combo is gonna be the best choice but if you can only have one I'd take led but good led s nothing compares to the actinic blue or shimmer effect

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
well its all opinion and personal experience here in this hobby and like everyone knows every tank and every light fixture is different so I'm not saying anyone is wrong just what I have seen and I still think combo lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: