reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I had never heard of these, or this company but just looked into it... Am i seeing these prices right? over 3000 EUR for one of those things???? Not to mention a cost of over 700 EUR to buy a 35 gallon acrylic box to use as a refuge..... and almost 200 EUR for a 1 gallon dosing media reserve tank... If you can afford this type of stuff, more power to you. But I cant see spending this type of money on items that are essentially just a few pieces of acrylic glued together.

The actual dreambox does seem to be nicely designed and very neat, but if I had that type of money, I think it can be much better spent on a new massive aquarium.

jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I had never heard of these, or this company but just looked into it... Am i seeing these prices right? over 3000 EUR for one of those things???? Not to mention a cost of over 700 EUR to buy a 35 gallon acrylic box to use as a refuge..... and almost 200 EUR for a 1 gallon dosing media reserve tank... If you can afford this type of stuff, more power to you. But I cant see spending this type of money on items that are essentially just a few pieces of acrylic glued together.

The actual dreambox does seem to be nicely designed and very neat, but if I had that type of money, I think it can be much better spent on a new massive aquarium.

They are tailored to a different crowd of reefers. Those that hire pros to maintain their tank, have all the JF, RR corals, and buys gem tangs for algae control, etc....

jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
They do a really nice job with the filter socks.....they are nylon and clean up much easier then the felt socks and last much longer.

I see, well, can you explain or show how they plan the pluming to be connected to the red tubing that sticks up from the dreambox? Were they meant to be a slip on with no pvc glue required kind of deal? Or they require traditional pvc hard plumming hook ups.

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0

I hear you on the price but to me it is worth the expense since it is built to last many, many years. It is also designed and setup to make the chores of reefkeeping easier to manage. However, one of the great things about this hobby is that options exist so there are many ways to skin a cat!

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I see, well, can you explain or show how they plan the pluming to be connected to the red tubing that sticks up from the dreambox? Were they meant to be a slip on with no pvc glue required kind of deal? Or they require traditional pvc hard plumming hook ups.
My sump didn't come with the red tubing you speak of but it did have these connectors for PVC.

Sump-Pic-14.jpg

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
I saw those in person and its a piece of art.. Put my system way behind :))
you getting what you paying for!!! All i can say that any product made by RE last very long time!!!

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
its royal exclusive, you get what you pay for and these things are awesome. its like comparing a danner mag drive to abyzz or re red dragon no comparison with most anything else around

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
reefbum, how difficult is it to take out those media reactors to change media? looks like they are hardpiped (which goes back to my first question of how do the red tubes RE uses link up to pvc)
They are very easy to remove. They have PVC connectors attached to flexible tubing that screw on and off very easily.

Media-Reactors-pic1.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: