batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Im getting my 120G RR tank tomarrow . I have in mind 2 skimmer a Octopus Super Reef 2000 and a Octopus Super Reef 3000 . the tank is going to be all sps . Im upgrading my 75g Sps tank and it fully stocked right now so will the Octopus Super Reef 3000 be Over kill or perfect for my 120g sps tank. What are you thoughts on they 2 skimmers

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
batt it really is one of the best skimmers ive owned and is better balanced then any or their other skimmers, liked it so much i have bought it twice, was just too much skimmer for my system

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
for me the 250 is too tall the 280 is a better over all match for pump and body, the in180 would easily handle a heavy stocked 120g system, by the time u add rock sand ect you will be way under that total volume. my 80g tank and 20g sump half filled is only around 70g total

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
it isnt marked as it but it is a sedra 5000, with different volute. the in80 in100 use a sedra 3500 the in180 use's a sedra 5000, the 250 i do believe the 7000 and the 280 i think has the same pump or the 9000. but these pull less wattage then the actual sedra. it is the exact same pump also as the gen-x submersible. what i dont like about the newer octo's is the outlets, and have a reason why i dont think they allow the most out of the skimmer. tell you the same i told duke, pmoneyt runs the in180 on his 180g system as well as a few other guys on here. and for the price down the road if you dont like the pump you can always go to a bb and still be in the price range the octo cost new. but with a better designed body and better built skimmer

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: