MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
oh please anything people don't understand they call it the devil. Devil algae now it's devil fish. What will it be tomorrow? I love damsels,i always have in my tanks.
x2...I have a few my tank as well and just added another one...just have to understand that some are more aggressive than others and which ones to avoid especially in smaller tanks...

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I like damsels I have a sm springer beautiful and a sm tailbot colorful both 5$ they add nice color and r active but they r in a 225 so so far they r not too bad not sure if that will hold true as they get lg

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
It probably won't hold true Matt...LOL many not all get more aggressive as they mature. I had a breeding pair of Talbot's are were peaceful when small too, but changed as they got larger and pairing off didn't help...I just have the one now. I had a few breeding pairs of damsels, but I only keep singles now to avoid some of the fighting...

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
x2...I have a few my tank as well and just added another one...just have to understand that some are more aggressive than others and which ones to avoid especially in smaller tanks...

OK :grumpy:
then what kind of damsels do you keep I'm gonna give it a shoot
horse3.gif

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
OK :grumpy:
then what kind of damsels do you keep I'm gonna give it a shoot
horse3.gif
One thing to remember is most if not all will defend a territory.. Some just defend larger areas. I try to keep the smaller members of the family Chrysiptera and Chromis( many look like damsels, but alot less aggressive)... I DON"T recommend fish from the families Abudefduf, Neoglyphidodon, Pompacentrus and Dascyllus unless you have a large tank. With fish there are always exceptions, but for the most part this has held true for me...also I will never add a sixline again!
In his first post the yellow tail was fine until the Domino was added..

Last edited by a moderator:

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
One thing to remember is most if not all will defend a territory.. Some just defend larger areas. I try to keep the smaller members of the family Chrysiptera and Chromis( many look like damsels, but alot less aggressive)... I DON"T recommend fish from the families Abudefduf, Neoglyphidodon, Pompacentrus and Dascyllus unless you have a large tank. With fish there are always exceptions, but for the most part this has held true for me...also I will never add a sixline again!
In his first post the yellow tail was fine until the Domino was added..

Correct Yellowtail was fine until Domino was added. 6 line is fine. It plays nice with everyone else.

Sent from my HTCONE using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: