MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Well my 15 year old + Powder Blue tang passed away during the night. I got it back in the late 90's as a LFS rescue and took about six months to get it looking fat and healthy. If it wasn't such a beautiful fish I probably would have gotten rid of it years ago because it was such a PITA with any new fish. I would have to capture it and then re-introduce it a week later so it was the newbie and even then I still couldn't keep another tang because in a few days it would attack it anyway. It never grew bigger than 6" so I'm assuming it was a male because males stay smaller than females. I recently took it out with the additions of my Angels and butterfly and was doing great in my fuge feasting on macros all day. I re- introduced it yesterday and it looked fine, but staying in the rocks which was normal the first few days back. I guess the stress was to much for the old man and passed away during the night. The good news is I can keep any tang now...

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Sorry to hear about it. I love my powder blue tang despite its aggressive personality. I only keep it with two bluegreen chromis. Acanthurus tangs in general are just great fish.

Give the whitecheek a look if you are going to look to pick up another from the genus. Mimics are underrated too.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Thanks guys...I found one of my old logs and saw that I had one prior to this one that didn't live too long so this fish really surprised me living that long going through a lot like being moved from tank to tank and Sandy etc..when the other so called easier fish didn't.

Sorry to hear Joe ... Flames are a beautiful fish

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: