• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Randy22

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this question has been asked in some form or another before, but I haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer.

I have a CSL PC set, with 4 55 watt bulbs (48" fixture) that are about due to be replaced. Right now, I have two 7100k (actinic) and two 6700k bulbs.

I would like my tank to be a little less blue and a little more white (if that makes sense). Also, there are 2 bulbs on each side, I find that the back is blue (where the bulb is) and the front is white... I would like a more even light, but don't know if it is possible.

Recommendations??? People with experience??? Right now, new lighting (fixtures) is not an option.

Thanks in advance,
Randy

tetra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try putting the blue bulbs in front of the whites to mask the color. You will find it is a little more blue that way.

mariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get all 10k's or better yet, take the money for the replacement bulbs and put it toward a MH setup.

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: mariner ]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 10K's will likely be too yellow, at least with the square pin bulbs.

This situation is just about the only useful application of the smartlamp in a multiple bulb application that I have found. Replace your daylights with 10K or 88K bulbs and replace the blues with Smartlamps.

phishy4

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that advice to go to tne smartlamp
On my 55 with 2-65 watt blue 2-65 watt white.
If you go to smart lamps that would only be 65 watts of blue and 195 watts of white. would this be enough blue? The same with randys tank that would be only be 55 watts of blue

Randy22

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ttt...

What is the general consensus regarding the smartlamps? I have heard both good and bad.

Is 10k more white than the 6700k? What about any of the other bulbs out there?

Again, thanks in advance!

randy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: