Mermade

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G'day all,

I am in the early stages of planning a 12x3x3. I am slowing purchasing most of the "hardware" so when the time comes to move, the tank shall be the last to build. I will be going Biological filtration-LR and sand.
Can anyone suggest which skimmer would do the job for a tank so large. I was thinking of the Aqua-medic turbofloter 5000 twin. is anyone running one of these or have anyother suggestions? :roll:

Tehlia.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The T5000 Twin *should* be adequate but I'd be interested in JT's and Jeremy's opinion as they have experience with the 5000 series T-flotors and I don't.

I would also consider the Precision Marine Bullet line. I know Mike has some larger skimmers in fact I'm considering a 8" x 30" Bullet for a 540 gallon system.

Mermade

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom,
Thanks for the advise.
Sorry about the dimentions, in Australia we use feet and litres so sometimes my conversions are a little out. I was originally planning a 12x2x2 but have managed to go ahead with the 12x3x3.
Could you give me JT's and Jeremy's email address.
Where do I find the Precision Bullet Line skimmers?
Tehlia.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: