rhudgins

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi does anyone use the ESV potassium iodide 1% solution for their reef? How important is the addition of iodide to a reef tank? I have a 45 gallon and every week I add one drop per gallon. I am unsure of the benefits of adding iodide and if it is completly necessary that I continue to do so. Any thoughts?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I have never actually noticed a difference from adding esv potassium iodine. When my bottle ran out, once again I saw no difference. Haven't added it since.

BHDMC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have use this product in the past. I was told potassiun iodide help shrimps go thru their molting process plus. I only stop using this ESV product, since it was not availabe thru the internet company I purchase my supplies. I was only dosing iodide once a month if I remember.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
keeps rest of parms in check, cal around 450, dkh 8-11 mag 1350 would suggest buying some decent test kits elos or salifert and testing water, 1 being off can set the rest off balance, i dose the iodide a drop everyday, does it help ? dont know

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Soft corals do better when you dose iodine IMO Colt Corals ,Leathers,Xenias to name a few.You need an iodine test kit to prevent an over dose, that can be detrimental to your corals.If you don't have a lot of soft corals it's not necessary imo.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: