selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
Just got my Radion XR-30 this week I'm waiting for my hang on kit and should be here tomorrow can't wait!!! Just wanted to ask what you guys using it on and your setting ... I'm going to put my on zero edge 22z I know it mite be over kill but I'm setting my lights low .. I have a 120 led now and there doing good with no problem .. I'm going to be new on this light so any help setting it up would be very helpful .... Thanks guys and I hope to hear your thoughts and info ..

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I got rid of mine after a week. Only thing i liked was how small the units were. The main unit is to big and cant go under the tank with the sump. To much moisture and the light spread was no where close to the AI sol. I sold my radions after one week. IMO way overpriced crap, should be 200 dollar LEDs.

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
Thanks for your input ... But I know people with AI and there spread was not better ... I guess it's just personal preference.... What size tank we're u using the light on ??

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
Just set up my light last night and the light is amazing ... I had a 140 watt led on there before and it was ok but this light gave my tank that earth tone if that makes sense ... The colors look more light natural sun light and the thunderstorm effect made it look out this world.....
a689589f-73ee-f7e2.jpg

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Had them both on a 65 gallon 36"x18"x24" Tall. The light spread is nowhere near in comparison. You have to hang the Radions almost 8"s higher to get the same light coverage and the Par suffers greatly from that, not to mention those LEDs are already weaker to begin with. I had an almost 200 difference in Par between the 2 at the same settings on both. And the Radions have an even worse cone light pattern to them. Like I said they should be 200 bucks each.

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
What % did u have your light on ?? Because I know people with a 300 GL that had AI and switch to echtech and love these ... Par wise alot of test have been done and your wrong ... I even see some video on you tube .... But I guess like I said its personal preference ...

Jay6363

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using a radion for close to a year, sps packed aquarium and they love it. Plenty of spread, I am more then happy with the amount of light output. IMO you have to use it more than a week to give it an honest opinion, and probably know how to set it up properly. Both the AI and the radion are good lights, I have seen both side by side on two different aquariums. It's is all about what u prefer........btw i haven't had any crazy algae growth bc of the light..........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
^^^^ yup this is day 3 and my tank loves it everyday I find new things to do with this light ... I really don't know how I one week anybody can try this light out and say is no good I would understand 3 weeks or a mo ....but like I said person preference .... As for they guy who could only grow red and green alge he must of had his light on his refugium because thats crazy !!! and you also have to keep in mind this is only a led light not a miracle machine if your friends water quality sucks and your not do the right dosing that's his fult don't blame it on the light Smh !!

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Your lights look to be roughly 18"s over your tank. As were mine to get the spread i needed. They both ran at 25%white and the blues both around 35%. I dont remember the radions exact settings. But i do know to get the spread they were up high. Which meant they needed more power to get equal par with the AI's which are 8"s off the water. Been doing this since 93 im not a rookie. These radions are overpriced garbage. They would be a great light for the 200 bucks they are worth. Ecotech hit it on the nose with the MP's but missed badly with these.

Jay6363

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with being over priced, but they aren't garbage, like I said I get the spread I need, the growth I need....... I'm completely happy with them. I guess it just boils down to personal preference, to each there own

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
The more u raise the light % wise the more pars and spread You would get I have mine raise that high because I have a zero edge and I don't want my light covering my tank .... If you had and question you could of just called the company up and they would explain all this too u but again it all comes down to personal preference ....

I even know people who had the light and couldn't afford it and needed the $$ and sold it and just say they didn't like the light lol so thanks for everyone input ... Anybody else have these lights !!!

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
I have one also , it's above my 240 about 6 inches from water , my corals love it , I have no Sps or nothing , and I have great coverage on top of my tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: