• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

C

cobysreef

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
just found my skimmer
SK5220_4.jpg

C

cobysreef

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
after talking to you all the other nite, i changed my mind. from the aqua c200 to this:

SK8420: 72" high x 14" x 12", (300-1500+ gallon systems, lowest organics requirements)

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Put my TS1260S in my tank last night (took a lot of work to get it to fit in my sump, but thankfully i did get it to fit well in the end). Doug (of Deltec) was very helpful along the way answering my questions every other minute.

The damn skimmer kept me up all night yelling "Who's your Daddy!??" every couple of minutes :lol: This thing is a BEAST! really cool. Just gonna give it a couple of days to "break in" - i'm sure it's got a lot of work to do to make up for all the skimmate i should've taken out over the past 3 years. Suprisingly also, it is very quiet (cant hear it with my cabinet doors closed) - i would have expected such a large skimmer with 3 pumps to be A LOT louder.

As a preliminary note, this bad boy took out in 5 minutes what my Tunze took out in 2 days.

tacocat

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I needed a new pump for my Deltec PF600 reactor. The cheapest available option was the DAS needlewheel pump, at least until Finsreef gets their shipment of standard Aquabees.

The DAS 2000/1 pump fit perfectly. Strangely enought, my pump came with orange silicone grommets instead of the standard black crappy ones. They feel a little different than the red upgrade grommets available from Deltec and Finsreef, but they are the same size.

I compared the DAS pump to one of my H&S pumps (both 2000/1) and the H&S pump had a substantially larger opening on the intake side (bottom impellor cover) of the pump.

ereefic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we sold off the 210 system (electricity was just too much for us at this time). We set up a 140 (36x36x25) and costs have dropped considerably.

They guy who bought it got an extension riser and put a Iwaki 100 on it and he is loving it. :D

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Pierce, seeing that skimmer was love at first site for me:inlove: Looks like I found my next skimmer.

BTW the air flow meter only showed 5lmp for each DAS pump on my skimmer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: