cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I am finally ready to embark on this journey.

To start 14g (17x17x14) Custom King AIO acrylic tank:

do9u.jpg

pttp.jpg

JBJ K-2 Viper (150w mh):

qemy.jpg

CPR Aero Force (bak pak) skimmer:

jfpn.jpg

CPR Tumbler (nano media reactor):

mr3j.jpg

50w heater + Hydor Koralia 1:

pqhv.jpg

Tunze Osmolator ATO:

2sxd.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Nice just 2 things. That table is to small for the tank and i wouldnt use it because it looks like its made of fiber board. 14 gallons weighs over 100 pounds

Here I thought I was ready to go :(

If anyone can make me a stand or has a solid wood end table at least 17x17 please let me know.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
My plan was to set this up as a frag tank maybe with a pair of clowns or something. I wasn't really planning on using sand and wasn't sure about rock. I have some rubble rock for the back but am running out of space due to my equipment.

What are your thoughts on this? Do I need rock and if so how much and what about chaeto?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I would put as much as you can fit in the back and go from there. Your parameters will tell you if you have enough..just keep your eyes on it. If just for frags you'll probably be ok, not sure the bioload from just a pair of clowns..

Tbone Reefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Have you thought of some type of HOB refugium? They add more water volume and allow for rubble/cheato placement outside of the display.

I just bought a CPR refugium (med). Waiting for it to arrive. I also have a finnex 1gallon box. Bought both to see which is better. Both are lit with LED's and should do the trick for additional bio filtration outside of the DT.

Looks really good so far. Def good call to upgrade the stand!

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
The stand is a JBJ 28g stand it has some decent water damage on the top front but the price was right (free). I didn't hang the skimmer on the back because then I would have to put the light on the side. The skimmer is taller then the tank so has to hang down. Also by doing it this way I was thinking I could use the middle chamber (see 2nd pic on 1st page) which is after the bubble trap for rubble rock and chaeto. What do you think about this idea it is only like 3"x3".

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: