JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
some of my zoos seem to have acne, well that's what it looks like, looks exactly like a pimple, anyone have an idea on what it could be. it also looks like it's spreading

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
are they white spots? if so that could be the dreaded 'zoo pox' you can look up info on this site and reef central - I'm sure other people here who've had that problem might be able to help...

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
JHOV2324 said:
ZOO POX:irked: :anger2: :banghead: :eek: :Yikes:
can someone send me a link on how to rid this problem thanks. And I thought everything was going smooth, damn.

LMAO...Reefer420 suggests you check this site for previous posts, yet you still ask for a link :headache:

Try here: Zoanthid Pox

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Hmmmm

I wouldn't freak out necesarily just yet. Zoas adhere to things like sand and other materials will adhere to them. Your "zoa pox" may be nothing at all. I've had pimples on my zoas many times and nothing at all happened.

I've also noticed that certain strains of zoas are affected by different things. For example one strain I had closed up one day and started to melt away! I had five separate colonies of this one particular zoa in my tank and they all closed up and started to melt at the same time! All of my other zoa strains, including ones right next to them were never effected. Of that one strain that mysteriously died I have four polyps starting to make a comeback. It's really odd I have no idea what was in my water that they didn't like. Whatever it was all of my other zoas didn't seem to mind it.

Anyhow I wouldn't necesarily go nuts just yet. Zoas are very tough, very toxic criters that can take quite a beating. I had some zoas survive in a bucket without water for 1 week! Just watch them closely look for signs of distress, try blowing some water on them to see if maybe something is irritating them.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
well i just read that there is no known cure for that, but you did make me feel better about this situation, I'm getting kinda annoyed by this know, just when you think S***T is going good, my zoos have STD's noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
May not be a disease at all.
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ZoanthidFAQs2.htm
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/zoanthid1.htm

It could be a reaction to something in the water, nutrients, chemicals from another coral, supplement overdose, reaction to light, on and on.

It's like when you find a hitchhiker on your rocks, could be good, could be bad, could be nothing. Just keep a close eye on them.

If you think it's STDs try not to let any drunk friends near your tank unattended........

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: